Course delivered by Video Conferencing
Who is this course suitable for?
Anyone who already has a basic knowledge of Autism and would like to extend their knowledge.
It will cover the needs of children or adults across the breadth of the Autism Spectrum What prior knowledge or experience is needed?
This course will provide understanding and strategies to help manage anxiety issues and promote mental health well-being. The course will demonstrate activities to help with preparation for change and transition. There will be opportunities to evaluate strategies and techniques for promoting relaxation, sensory calming and help with sleep issues.
- Understanding the effects of anxiety and stress on the person with Autism
- Key activities in helping manage anxiety and overload
- Practical strategies for helping prepare for change
- Techniques to develop relaxation including sensory calming
- Drawing up personalised well-being plans
“I’ve come across many respected trainers but the content and users this approach has completely Overshadowed them.” Parent "Excellent, so inspiring and motivating! Didnt want it too end. Learned and revisited really important issues. Lots of new ideas to try, All staff would benefit from this course, so please I had the opportunity to attend" Mary Mcleod, Castle Hill School, Croydon