Date(s) - 07/12/2018
9:30 am - 3:30 pm
BOLTON, Whites Hotel, Macron Stadium
PMLD-Developing Creativity through Music and Movement
BOLTON, Whites Hotel, Macron Stadium, 7th December 2018 Click here to book now
Who is this course suitable for?
Suitable for anyone supporting children with profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD).
What prior knowledge or experience is needed?
No previous knowledge or experience is required for this course.
Summary of the course
Support creativity through the development and use of music, performing arts and movement, exploring practical activities for enjoyment, engagement and body awareness
Outcomes of the Course:
- A greater understanding of why teaching music is important for PMLD pupils
- A greater understanding of why movement is important for PMLD pupils
- Practical knowledge and confidence to develop music and movement sessions
- New ideas you can take away and use the next day
- Strategies to promote musical development and engagement
- Music as a vehicle for creativity and performing skills
- Identifying and assessing musical development
- Developing and maximising body awareness through movement and dance
- Considering the impact of lack of movment