Date(s) - 13/02/2018
Accredited: Managing Challenging Behaviours within Outdoor and Adventure Settings
Scottish Borders, West Linton, The Broomlee Centre, 13th February 2018 – click here to book
Who is this course suitable for?
The course is suitable for anyone who supports children and young people in an outdoor, activity or leisure setting
What previous knowledge or experience is required?
Summary of the course
This is a level 3 course accredited through the Open College Network. All evaluation is carried out during the day by the tutor, which means that everyone successfully completing the course will gain the certificate of accreditation.
- Understand the definitions of challenging behaviour and the duty of care
- Understand that all behaviours meet a need
- Understand the impact of your own behaviour
- Understand the behavioural difficulties around ADHD
- Understand Attachment theories and how it might affect a young person’s brain development and behaviours
- Appreciate how social and communication disorders, sensory processing difficulties and/or other learning difficulties can affect behaviours
- Recognise the steps leading to a crisis situation and the need for interventions
- Know how to support other staff with resources and key strategies