Building relationships with people who have Autism or profound learning disabilities and complex needs
Suitable for anyone working with people with Autism or Severe Learning Difficulties of any age.
Use Intensive Interaction to reduce triggers to sensory overload, increase communication, understand “personal language” and develop positive relationships.
Learn how to develop relationships with people with profound learning disabilities or Autism who are non-verbal.
Find ways to get in touch and understand people’s “personal Language”.
Summary of the course:
This course shows delegates how to find ways to develop relationships with people with profound learning disabilities or Autism. Participants will find ways to get in touch with the individual they support, understand their personal language and give them the confidence and skills to develop positive relationships. The course covers using the ‘Intensive Interaction’ technique with non verbal adults and children with Autism or Profound Learning Disabilities Course contents
- An understanding of the basic principles of Intensive Interaction
- The ability to implement and evaluate Intensive Interaction techniques
- An insight into your own experiences and practices with people on the Autism Spectrum and profound learning disabilities
- The ability to focus on the difficulties a person is experiencing rather than the problems they are presenting
- The knowledge and confidence to build relationships with people on the Autism Spectrum and profound learning disabilities
- Positive plans for action
“On behalf of Creative Support, I would like to thank you for the excellent training you provided. There was nothing but positive feedback regarding the trainers ease of delivery and depth of knowledge on her subject. I feel I can say with confidence that each delegate will have left this training with regained confidence and new knowledge themselves, regardless of what level of experience they have already.”
Brenda Moss, Creative Support